Newaygo, MI Pest Control
Newaygo, Michigan, which is in the western area of the state, has a rural environment with 234 lakes, hundreds of miles of rivers and more than 100,000 acres of national forest. The climate is warm and conducive to pests in the summer, and the city’s 59 inches of snowfall ensures a slow melt and ideal conditions for pests to breed during the spring and summer months. Nearby lakes and waters also increase the number of pests that home and business owners face. Terminix West Michigan offers reliable, professional pest control service for residential customers and business owners and targeted termite control that protects property.
Residential Pest Control
Terminix’s residential services can control ants, roaches, bed bugs, mosquitoes, and spiders. The company’s services include inspections, treatments, and preventative care to prevent reinfestation. Michigan is home to a wide variety of pests, and Newaygo’s rural environment intensifies the problems of controlling pests. Typical pests include:
- Mosquitoes and Flying Insects: Bees, wasps, and hornets can create a major safety risk--especially for small children. Any insect infestation can generate health and safety issues, and mosquitoes breed anywhere there’s standing water. With 234 nearby lakes, it is an attractive breeding ground for mosquitoes whose bites can spread diseases such as West Nile virus, encephalitis, and the Zika virus.
- Bed Bugs: Bed bugs have recently become a major problem in homes and hospitality accommodations.
- Rodents: Mice, rats, and moles can quickly become major problems in your home if they’re not dealt with professionally.
- Ants: Ant nests are often well-hidden, and proper treatment of infestations requires locating and destroying the colony. Ants will typically invade your home to seek food or shelter, and they lay down a pheromone trail that other ants can follow.
- Cockroaches: Cockroaches are among the hardest pests to control, and you can waste hundreds of dollars on self-service treatments without ever eliminating all the bugs or preventing reinfestation.
Commercial Pest Control
Pests in your business not only lower employee morale but also affect how customers view your business. If you own a restaurant or other type of food business, evidence of pests can close your business when discovered by health department inspectors. That’s why an ongoing, integrated approach to pest control is essential. Terminix offers full service, comprehensive protection from most pests, discretion and flexibility no matter what pest control problems you face. The company services commercial properties, restaurants, hotels, museums, office, bars, supermarkets, construction sites and farming and agricultural operations in the Newaygo area.
Unlike other insects, termites damage your property, weaken infrastructure and reduce the value of your home or business. There are two ways that Terminix treats termite infestations: killing existing colonies and laying a chemical barrier to prevent termites from infesting your home or business again. Staying proactive about termite control can save you money by protecting the value of your property and preventing the need for expensive repairs.
Many home and business owners in Michigan tend to relax their pest control efforts as the season changes to colder weather. People feel that freezing weather limits pest infestations, but all insects can survive cold temperatures by using various methods such as burrowing underground, nesting beneath tree bark or invading your home where it’s toasty warm. However, it’s easier to kill pests in the winter where they have fewer places to hide. Regardless of the season, the best strategy for controlling pests is to enlist professional exterminating services such as those offered by Terminix West Michigan.